Monday, January 20, 2014

Quick Update

 My first semester of Nursing school starts this Wednesday. I'm both excited and scared out of my mind. My backpack now weighs 50lb, and that's only going to increase with the absurd amount of papers I have been printing for class. The good news: carrying around 50lb on my back is going to give me some sweet glutes.

Half of my books.

The stack so far...and I haven't even started printing the PowerPoints yet.




Just when I started to think that maybe I want to go lighter with my hair color, my sister masters the perfect shade of red. So, red it is. For now.
Don't brush curly hair, ever. Unless you are about to apply color to it.

Blow-dried straight, a rare occurrence. I don't think I'm a fan.

Same hair cut, curly. Much better, even if I lost some length.
The same day I dyed my hair, my sister let me try her Wen. Since, I've only tried the product that one time (because I am not about to spend $30-$40 on any hair product), I can only tell you that: 1.) It smells amazing. My sister had bought the Summer Mango Coconut scent and it smells delicious.2.) It made my hair feel amazingly soft and silky, so it was perfect for after the chemical assault my hair had just been through. 3.) However, I am pretty confident that I could not use the product regularly because it is so moisturizing. I've been having issues with SheaMoisture's Moisture Retention shampoo being too moisturizing for my fine hair lately, so I've had to stop using conditioner with that product. There's no way my hair could handle Wen on a regular basis, nor could I afford it.

In my free time, which hasn't been very often, I've been spending some time birding with my camera. Come May, at the end of the semester, I am going to miss that entirely too much.
Bald Eagle, New Years Eve on the pond at my dad's house.

Northern Cardinal, Trustom Pond, 1/07/14

Cedar waxwing at a cemetery in Exeter, RI 1/09/14

Whitetail Deer, Trustom Pond, 1/07/14

Red shouldered hawk, Johnson's Pond, 1/07/14

Whitebreasted Nuthatch, Trustom Pond, 1/07/14

Red shouldered hawk in my back yard, 1/17/14

Other than that, I've been knitting hats, crocheting scarfs, and generally acting like an old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment