Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Herbal Essences' Clever Advertising

A few days ago, I was browsing the hair care products at CVS while waiting for a prescription to be filled. I happened to come across the same ol' bottles of Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner, but they were sporting new labels that piqued my interest.

Herbal Essences Smooth & Shine Collections: "0% Silicone" and "0% Sulfate."

So, I picked up the bottles, started reading, and a few ingredients caught my eye.

Herbal Essences Shine Collection Conditioner

Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Shampoo

Interestingly, the Smooth & Shine collections do, in fact, contain sulfates and silicones. However, the advertisements on the front of the bottles are not lying to you. The labels indicate that the collection's shampoos are silicone free and the conditioners are sulfate free. Both are true, but these products are not curl-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment