Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fluff Update: Day Off

I have nothing interesting to talk about today, but it was a nice day off from work. So, here it is...

Dying brows burns your eyes.
At 5:30am I dropped by CVS and grabbed some dye for my hair, settling on "Very Rich Auburn." (I know - CVS? Box dye? - don't judge me.) For the first time in at least ten years, I dyed my hair by myself. As I was working the dye through my hair, for some reason, I decided to dye my eyebrows. So, I smudged what was left on my gloves carefully across my brows and hoped for the best. While my hair was cooking, I updated White Trash Wino with last night's tasting notes and washed a load of laundry. Not only did my hair turn out fine, my bathroom was not destroyed in the process, and my eyebrows do not look ridiculous. So it was a win-win-win situation. Note: The hair dye sat in my hair for 25 minutes. I was worried that my eyebrows would end up too dark, or too red - so they only sat for 15, which is actually 5 minutes longer than I had originally decided, but I lost track of time.

Turbie Twist = Worth it.
Still silicone & sulfate free.
Somehow, I managed wash my hair out and blow-dry it before hitting the gym with Crystal at 8:00am. Funny story: I got all the way to gym before I realized I was still wearing flip-flops. (This is what happens when I try to be too productive in the morning.) So, I grabbed Crystal and drove back to my house for some shoes, which cut our workout a bit shorter than we anticipated. But, hell, 40 minutes of strength training, after only exercising our livers for the last month or so, is still pretty damn good. As usual, Crystal picked the workout and kicked our asses. Supersets of everything. That woman is a masochist when she wants to be. Every part of my anatomy is going to hate me in the morning.
Damn, look at them brows.

When I got home from the total-body-punishment, I made more flax seed gel. Seriously, I love that shit. It is probably the best thing I have ever done to my hair. Although, SheaMoisture's products seem to be working out really well so far. Since my hair wasn't a shit-show any more, so I figured I could at least try to look nice and wore make-up for the first time in months. I should probably keep working on that...There are 12 year old girls out there that have more make-up skills than I do.

I swung by work to pick up my paycheck, then headed to the bank before meeting my cousin and her two kids at noon for lunch and a movie. The book was better. Yes, I read the books...all of them. Laugh if you want to, but that teen-fiction shit is entertaining.

As it turns out, going out for lunch is the equivalent of eating an entire day's worth of calories. I picked the wrong week to start tracking food again.


No comments:

Post a Comment