Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hair Update / W&CN / Lately

Hair...
Since I went out and dropped $10 on shampoo the other day, I figured I'd keep using it. I am officially back on the 'poo.  But I have to say that I am impressed with SheaMoisture's Moisture Retention Shampoo. It cleans my hair and scalp without completely stripping it of all it's natural oils and - huge bonus - I am still flake-free.The smell it a bit "earthy," so if you're not into smelling like a hippy, it might not be for you. I don't really mind it, but I add a few drops of AromaSanctum's Vanilla X perfume oil to my flax seed gel, and the combination of smells is quite nice. On Tuesday, I had my sister fix the layers in the back of my head because my hair just did not want to curl, which is often a problem for me. Once my layers grow out in the back of my head, everything starts to fall flat and it looks like I've been sleeping on my curls. As always, she did a great job and my curls are starting to come back to life.
I am the WORST at taking "selfies"...partially because I have a bitchy resting face and an awkward smile.
Wine & Cigar Night...
Yesterday was Wednesday and that means Wine & Cigar Night. I had to work until 7pm, so I was later than usual. I only planned to stay for an hour or so, but as I've learned from past experiences, that never happens. Crystal and I didn't leave until somewhere near 10:30 and came back to my apartment and put a hurtin' on some SmartFood and potato chips while watching Shark Week and The Daily Show. Last night's wines included: Fleur de Lyeth and Dona Paula Cabernet Sauvignon, both of which are reoccurring favorites. 

Today...
I'm  a huge slacker when it comes to meal planning and grocery shopping. I'm that asshole who goes to the grocery store almost everyday and buys enough food for a day or a two. When I'm really lazy (which is often), I end up playing Iron Chef in my kitchen and the secret ingredient is never fancy or exotic. Inefficient, I know, but it is what it is. A couple days ago, Matt's mom had given us some vegetables from her garden (probably the best "secret ingredient" I've had to work with in some time). After taking a brief inventory in my kitchen, this is how breakfast turned out:
1 summer squash
3/4 of a zucchini (it was massive)
1/2  of a vidalia onion
2 cans of stewed tomatos
Chopped into pieces, tossed into a pan over high heat, brought to boil, reduced to simmer for 15 minutes. 
1/2 cup cooked white rice
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
 Topped with veggies

It's a good thing it turned out pretty tasty because I made enough for a couple days (providing Matt will actually eat it).


Tonight I'm working from 3:45-9:15pm, which is the weirdest shift I've ever been given. I'm not happy about working nights (Matt is even less happy about it), or even in the middle of the day (which happens a lot lately), but hopefully, I'll appreciate the hours once I'm back in school. Speaking of, it recently occurred to me that I miss being in school and that is, at least partially, the cause for my moodiness and depression lately. It keeps my mind busy and, most of the time, I actually enjoy it. I miss tutoring the Anatomy lab (and the extra paycheck). I miss doing homework, but in a few weeks I might regret saying that. My mind is a scary place when I don't have enough distractions.
That's right. I miss this too.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment